The Center for Hypertension and Internal Medicine (C-HIM) opened for business on July 1, 2008 at 605 E. 4th Street. Our center was established as a preventative care organization focused on saving patients’ time, money, and the pain of visiting the hospital. We have achieved these goals by offering a wide array of diagnostic and treatment plans tailored to each of our patient’s individual needs. Our range of services allows us to be a ‘one-stop shop’ for our patient’s health care requirements. In order to continually upgrade our facilities/product and meet the demands of the rapid growth of our practice we moved to our current address: 420 E. 6th Suite 107 back in August 2009.
Dr. Madhu Pamganamamula is a board certified Internal Medicine and Sleep physician. He has more than 20 years of clinical experience. He has been practicing in the Odessa area since January 2001. Dr. Madhu graduated from the prestigious Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, India. He pursued his Master of Public Health at the Oklahoma University of Health Sciences and subsequently joined the UMDNJ, New Jersey as a research coordinator for an year. Subsequently, he moved to Philadelphia where he completed his Internal Medicine residency from Temple University and his Transitional Year residency from Frankford Hospital (part of the Jefferson Health System). During his residency at Temple University, he was honoured with “Best Resident Award” along with The Chest Foundation’s “Young Investigator Award” for exemplary research. He also completed a research fellowship in Oesophogeal motility with Dr. Phillip Katz and Dr. Donald Castell at the Graduate Hospital in Philadelphia. After his research, he moved to Odessa with his wife, Padma, his son, Teja, and daughter, Maanasa. He joined the Naidu Clinic in January 2001, where he practiced for more than seven years. Moreover, he also served as Chief of Staff and Director at the Health South Rehabilitation Hospital in Odessa and as Medical Director at the Deerings Nursing Home, Star Hospice, and Angel’s Home Care. He is also currently serving as the Medical Director for Odessa Sleep Associates.
Moreover, his other certifications include:
1) ABCL Certified Clinical Lipidologist
2) Certified Obesity medicine specialist by the American Board of Obesity Medicine (ABOM)
3) ASH (American Society of Hypertension) certified Clinical hypertension specialist
4) Certified Clinical Densitometrist (CCD) focussing on osteoporosis
5) Certified DOT Medical Examiner
6) Certified Physician Investigator In July 2008 , he founded the Center for Hypertension and Internal Medicine in Odessa where he, helped by his dedicated staff, currently practises medicine and provides a variety of medical services to the community at large. Since then, he has expanded his knowledge greatly by becoming a Certified Clinical Densitometrist (CCD) and a Diplomate of American Board of Internal Medicine and Sleep Medicine. He also continues to serve as a honorary Clinical Assistant Professor at Texas Tech University.